Lumina Wellness Physical Therapy is a local family owned patient centered practice.
Brian and Melissa McKeever own Lumina Wellness Physical Therapy and along with their daughter Stella enjoy living, working, and playing in the wonderful city of Wilmington
Brian has been in private practice for over 28 years and has been recognized as one of the leaders in his field. Melissa is a labor and delivery nurse and has worked at the New Hanover Medical Center for the past 15 years.
If you are living with an acute or chronic condition you are not alone. Our one on one patient centered approach at Lumina Wellness Physical Therapy is here to help!
- There is a very important concept, and a “forgotten principle” that differentiates the Lumina Wellness Physical Therapy from other approaches
- And frankly, it’s one of the main reasons we’re so successful at treating musculoskeletal pain and dysfunction.
- Most of the pain we are treating is related to the incremental changes in our muscles, fascia, tendons, and joints that occur over time due to the cumulative effects of poor body mechanics, postural aberrations, and even old injuries.
- Over time these incremental changes become large imbalances creating compression of joints, tension in muscles and tendons, and most importantly, can and do, create dysfunctional muscle firing patterns.
- Sometimes referred to as muscle imbalances, these dysfunctional muscle firing patterns are a leading cause of our joint pain, muscle pain, and the pain experienced with back dysfunctions.
- This kind of pain is unnecessary, poorly understood, and not well addressed by most conventional approaches.
- And it’s our specialty!
- Our results are generally a dramatic reduction in both the experience of pain and the likelihood that it will return, because we dig beyond the external symptoms to root out pain at its source.
- Then most importantly we give our patients the simple tools, knowledge, and resources to maintain optimum musculoskeletal health for years to come.
Our highly trained Wilmington, NC physical therapists not only provide these specialized methods and modalities for any pain, injury, or discomfort you may be experiencing. We also travel the country teaching advanced clinical instruction to other physical therapists to help them improve their outcomes by learning our unique methods.
We also specialize in performance enhancement. So, even if you do not have any pain or chronic condition we can help you to get to the next level.
Our Wilmington, NC physical therapists can determine which services you will benefit the most from by using sophisticated diagnostic methods, such as movement investigation and gait analysis.
Through our customized treatment plans, our goal at Lumina Wellness Physical Therapy is to provide you with healing, injury prevention, and pain relief “beyond belief’. Because of our unique advanced technologies and methods, our patients have found a high level of success in our treatment services. Do you want to read some of our patient success stories? Click HERE now!
Our team is committed, experienced, and eager to assist you in your recovery! Please contact us right away if you require any additional information regarding our services.
How can physical therapy help relieve my pain?
If this is your first time seeking the help of a physical therapist, you might be nervous about your first appointment. However, there is no need to be concerned! Physical therapy is a treatment option that is both safe and effective.
At your initial appointment, one of our Wilmington, NC physical therapists will conduct a thorough evaluation to determine the source of your pain or discomfort. Following that, you will be given a treatment plan that is unique to you. Your therapist will take into account your symptoms, medical history, and any health restrictions you may have.
Our goal at Lumina Wellness Physical Therapy is to assist you in reaching your full physical potential! There are no two patients who are alike. Treatment plans are tailored to each patient and are intended to help you achieve your goals.
We know that with our care and commitment, anyone who walks through our doors can be helped. We look forward to seeing you achieve your recovery goals in terms of health, wellness, and fitness. We are committed to assisting you in living a pain-free life!
Ready to get started? Contact us
At Lumina Wellness Physical Therapy, we are here to help you through every step of your recovery process. Our success is dependent upon your success, and we strive to create a warm, welcoming environment in which you can heal comfortably and confidently!
If you live in Wilmington, NC or any of the surrounding areas and need pain relief from a chronic condition or injury, look no further! As one of the most popular Wilmington, NC physical therapy practices, Lumina Wellness Physical Therapy is here to assist you with whatever you may need.
Call our office at (910) 805-1111 or click here to schedule an appointment with a Wilmington, NC physical therapist today. We’ll be delighted to meet with you and develop a treatment plan for your path toward healing and pain relief.